Saturday, March 8, 2008

Current School Status

As you may or may not know, I am currently in the process of applying to seminary to acquire my Masters of Divinity. I'm doing this for a number of reasons. The first is that I have a calling to the ministry. At least that is how I and others are interpreting it. I always say though that perhaps that is God's way of getting me to school. Who knows what His path will be after that? Second, I always seem to have more and more questions regarding religion and spirituality. I figure, where else to find more information than school? Finally, I always wanted to get my Masters. If I were to win the lottery, I would use the money to go to school for the rest of my life.

I'm applying to four three schools: Asbury Theological Seminary near Lexington, Kentucky; Iliff School of Theology in Denver, Colorado and Duke Divinity School in Durham, North Carolina. Those schools have been chosen at random from a hat containing all of the seminaries and theological schools in the United States. I'm kidding. These schools were chosen for a number of reasons of which I'm not going to go through right now. Perhaps another time.

As of right now I've heard back from Asbury. I was accepted to my delight! Now, I'm just waiting on Iliff and Duke.

Well, I just wanted to give you a little insight into who I am and a bit of my motivation with this blog. I encourage comments and questions.

No comments: